Twenty boats participated in a windy and cool weekend at the Highlander Blue Grass Regatta.
Thanks for a great weekend Erin Spengeman. The Courier Journal did a story on the event that ran on Monday. Thanks to Martha Hyatt for arranging to get the Courier Journal to cover the regatta. Thanks to all who helped. Many thanks to the race committee, Connie & John Emmerich, Neal Deaves, Cliff Vadder, Jim Nicolaus, Rick Martinson, Joyce Ford.
- 1st Place Ed Spengeman - Louisville Sailing Club - Congratulation Ed!
- 2nd Steve Bauer - Cowan Lake Sailing Association
- 3rd Harold Bauer Berlin - Yacht Club
- 4th Jamie Carey - Cowan Sailing Association
- 5th Bruce Busbey - Lake Norman Yacht Club
Great news: This is Second year the septic tank did not back up during the Bluegrass Regatta.
- Upcoming Events
- October 8 – 9 Regular Club Racing; The club is always open for day sailing. Come on down. There are very few motor boats on the river this time of the year.
- October 15 – 16 Laser Regatta Due to a scheduling conflict the Laser Regatta has been canceled. There will be regular racing at the club.
- October 22 Long Distance Race (Make Up Date October 23)
Long Distance Race:
Make plans to sail Saturday October 22 in the Louisville Sailing Club’s Long Distance race. The Derby City Yacht Club
will join in sailing up the river. The ultimate goal is to make the turning point at Eighteen Mile Island. However, most years, because of wind conditions, the turn mark has been dropped somewhere along the way. The start gun will fire at 10:30. The turn mark will be dropped sometime before 1:00. Only boats that cross the finish line before 4:00 will be charted as finishing the race. There is a $50.00 reward for anyone that finds a motor in the river during the race.
1980-1989 Louisville Sailing Club: “The Way We Were” –